Thursday, January 3, 2008

What's next?

OK, Christmas morning: Walker woke up early but it wasn't one of his 4 in the morning stunts. He came down a little after 6 and we told him to go to the bathroom then he could climb in bed with us. Well, being a man of routine, he decided to go to "his" bathroom clear across the house instead of using ours. I went out to try to stop him from looking to see if Santa came yet but I met him in the living room when he was looking at presents. He didn't get overly excited and I was able to coax him back into our room to read the Christmas story until Ellie woke up. Here's a summary of what Santa brought:
Walker
an easel
a bunch of Cars cars
a Cars race track (when he opened it he was pretty excited and yelled, "I was waiting for this!" even though he had no idea what it was, really)
Ellie
A Cabbage Patch baby
a kitchen, which she loves, with a bunch of pots and pans and stuff. Santa is very happy she likes it so much because it took him nearly 4 hours to put it together . . .
Anderson
A mirror thing that he can lay on the ground and look at. Walker and Ellie bring it over to him every time we lay him down.

A conversation I recently had with Walker
Walker: Daddy, close your eyes. (Whenever he says close your eyes or I have a surprise for you, he's holding a football behind his back.)
Kurt: Walker, I can't play football right now. I have to feed Anderson.
Walker: How are you gonna feed him if you don't have a . . . thing . . . a left or right milk?
I laughed then showed him the bottle and Walker just kind of smiled and said "Oh".

Ellie's favorite restaurant: "Old McDonald's"
Ellie's favorite supper: "Taco Swamits" That's a taco sandwich, which is just a taco. We don't know why she calls it a sandwich.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Aren't kids the best? I know that the excitement my kids had this year would have brought joy to any one.