Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The Mystery of the Basketball Crown

Walker seems to be a pretty visual learner/thinker, as per the constant questions about what color football jerseys and helmets are when the game's just on the radio. When basketball season started this year, he asked me what color jerseys the Cavs had. I told him and then he asked what color helmets they wore. I said basketball players don't wear helmets and we left it at that. Well, I did, anyway. A few days later he started asking me what color crowns the Cavs wore. He's probably asked me half a dozen times and every time I tell him they don't wear crowns and to stop being silly. Well, last night, I finally figured it out. He asked me what color crowns the Grizzlies wore because they were playing the Cavs on the radio. I said, "The Girzzlies don't wear crowns. Basketball players don't wear anything on their he- Ohhhhhhh . . . You mean headbands!" He knew they wore something, he just didn't know what they were called. I guess they kind of sort of look like crowns. I'm just glad we got that straightened out before he went around asking other people the same question.

Walker's favorite juice box flavor: "Strawberry Zucchini" (he means strawberry kiwi).
Ellie's favorite tool in Walker's toolbox: "The Scwoofdwiver. Daddy, I want to scwoof"

Our little mommy: Ellie has a baby doll named Carly. Yesterday Ellie was playing with Carly, wrapping her up in her blanket and feeding her, etc. She was doing a really nice job of being a mommy till she came over to the real mommy and said, "Mama, I put Cawee in the freezer!" Turns out, she did, in the freezer in her play kitchen. When I got home and Carla told me what happened, we found out who was behind it. Walker overheard Carla tell me that Ellie put Carly in the freezer and he said, "We put Carly in the freezer, in the oven, in the microwave . . ."

My real mommy: Mom got a new back yesterday. Reminds me of Lieutenant Dan. I guess things went fine during surgery so thanks to those who prayed for her. I'll have to try to post more often because she's going to be bored at home for a while.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

your mom has a new back made of titanium alloy? it's what they use on the space shuttle.

glad to hear the surgery went well.