Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Oh, man, where to begin?

Christmas Eve, I guess. I had Walker and Ellie help me wrap Carla's presents from them. I decided that Walker would get her cookie sheets, which made him pretty excited because they like making cookies together. I decided Ellie would get her shoes because she's a girl. I told them both that the presents were a big secret and not to tell mommy about them. As soon as I let them out of the room, Ellie ran up to Carla, pointed at her, and said, "I wrapped your present" but she didn't say what it was . . . until 4 hours later.

Ellie: Mommy, is it Christmas?
Mommy: It's Christmas Eve.
Ellie: Do I get presents?
Mommy: Yes, you get presents.
Ellie: I got new shoes for you. Merry Christmas!

Note to self: two-year-olds can't keep secrets.

Later on that day, we went to Bob and Kay's for dinner and the gift exchange. Walker got a V-Smile (it's like a playstation for little kids), which he hasn't stopped playing with since, and Ellie got clothes and a Barbie purse and a high chair for her dolls and a bunch of other girl stuff. Ellie and Papa ate a bunch of "CasEWEs" together and Walker played basketball (he got a new basketball hoop, too). Carla and I took Anderson to church for his acting debut at Baby Jesus. He did really well, even though it was 140 degrees up in front of the church. We were only up there for about 45 minutes instead of the usual 5, though, so no problem. Then, finally, home to bed, listening for sleigh bells.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Agreed, It was 140 in front of the church......imagine all of them with the choir robes on too...

Did all the SS class members know about the New Year's Eve get together.....???

an old choir member

Jen said...

Sounds like my kids with the gifts they got for each other. Addie told Micah right away and even wanted to open it for him to play with ;)