Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Mmmmm, Suppy!

Ellie the other night before dinner: "Is suppy reader yet?"
The really cute part was the expression on her face. She knew it wasn't right and it took her a couple more tries before she finally got it.

One time I got home late and asked the kids what they had for dinner. Walker said, "Mayonnaise, chicken, and cranberry sandwiches." I thought he was joking but it turns out that's what they had. Carla said something about chicken salad but I had stopped listening at "Mayonnaise".

Walker had a cold with just a touch of the flu Monday night but he was feeling well enough to eat stir fry for dinner . . . or so he thought. He went in the bathroom to wash his hands afterwords and came out a couple seconds later whimpering. When we asked him what was wrong he said, "I burped and then carrots and broccoli fell into the sink." Luckily, it really was little more than a burp.

Carla, to the kids: Does anyone want to go to ALDI with me?
Ellie: MEOW, MEOW, MEOW!!
That means yes. The kid just loves to shop. Carla also made up a new slogan for ALDI the other day. I was making fun of her for going there (although they do have awesome applesauce) and she said, "Kurt, ALDI's nice. It's not just for homeless people anymore."

Carla and Ellie, upstairs, at the end of nap time.
Carla: Ellie, you little stink pot, you didn't take a nap.
Ellie comes downstairs.
Kurt: Elizabeth, why didn't you take a nap?
Ellie: I'm a teapot. I'm a . . . stinky little teapot.

Ellie's also been trying to get into the sports talks that Walker and I have been having lately. Walker and I were talking about who we'd want to win if the Packers played the Cardinals (he's been a big Arizona fan ever since they beat the Steelers), and Ellie said, "Do the Browns play the Indians basketball?"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I'm sitting here eating salad and reading your post and actually was chewing on a mouthful of broccoli and carrots when I got to the stir-fry part. Nice. But I sure do love those kids' one-liners, so it was worth it, I guess.

Andrea said...

its nice to read the blog when I am away at school. I like to catch up on all the things the kids are saying while I am away. I miss you guys though! I hopefully will get to see you on sunday maybe even visit with you instead of that quick hi and bye that usually happens right before you leave for youth and leave the kids with mom and dad. I love spending time with the little buggers but I miss talking with carla and you. maybe i will have to make a saturday afternoon visit this weekend to chat with you and sis! I know I would like that alot! Well Love You guys!