Saturday, January 26, 2008

Does anyone know the past-tense of "up"?

Ellie does. She was trying to get into my chair the other day and she kept slipping off. When she finally succeeded, she said, "Mommy! I get upped it!"

More crazy sports questions from Walker.
Walker: Daddy, who's number 11 with Ohio State with the birdseed all over his helmet?
Kurt (after figuring he must have meant the buckeye stickers): Umm, I don't know, Robiskie?
Walker: Yeah, you're right. Robiskie who?
I really didn't know. Robiskie's # 80. # 11 is Rob Shoenhoft and Scott James.

Walker: Daddy, who wins in basketball, Seattle or the Dukes?
Kurt: The Dukes, who are the Dukes?
Walker: You know, the Marlington Dukes.
Kurt: Oh, they don't play each other.
Walker: Well, who do they play?
Kurt: Seattle plays the Cavs and the Dukes play the Leopards.
Walker: Oh, well if the Baltimore plays the Steelers, I cheer for Baltimore.

Walker fell down the stairs the other day, basically like rolling down a hill. As soon as he stopped he jumped up and said, "It's ok Mom, I'm tough, I'm tough."
Later he recounted the incident -
Walker: Mom, Jesus was all silly and twisted up. You know? When I fell down the steps.
Carla: Oh, you mean inside your heart?
Walker: Yeah, he was thinking I must be falling down the steps and he was right!

No comments: