Wednesday, January 23, 2008

A hodgepodge of hodgepodgery

Last night, Ellie wanted to do something (I forget what already) that she wasn't old enough to do yet.
Carla: No, Ellie, you're still too little.
Ellie, stretching her hands into the air for effect: No I'm not! I'm a grown up big strong grown up.

Also, she's constantly saying "No way Jose`" for some reason. I don't know where she got it.

Walker likes to set up our chess set like it's a football game and run plays. He usually makes up crazy names for the teams like the "Couchy Couches" vs. the "Windowsy Windows". Humorous if not overly creative . . . Anyway, the other day he was playing chess football and Ellie came running through the living room and knocked over a couple pieces. Walker surprisingly wasn't too upset but Ellie was. She said, "I'm sorry Walker. I'll go to time out." Then she went over to the stairs, shut the gate, and sat on our landing.

Walker: Oh, daddy, did I mention that I want a snack?
Kurt: No, you didn't.
Walker: Well, why not?

Walker, one morning, while still in his jammies, very distressed: Oh, Mommy, we forgot to do dressed!
Carla: It's OK, we can get dressed right now. What do you want to wear?
Walker: Slacks.

Also, Anderson coos and smiles now. I can't wait till he starts trying to say some words. I'll have a lot to write about him, too. I wish we would have started this blog a lot earlier to capture Walker and Ellie's first words. I wrote a bunch of them down somewhere - I'll see if I can dig them up.

Mom's doing good, I think. Maybe she'll even post a comment to let us know. Last I heard, she was up and around a little but when I called the other night she was sleeping.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

our kids have been saying 'no way jose' a lot lately, too...

although, Addie occasionally replaces 'jose' with 'cecil'

Anonymous said...

Slacks

Dale and Gail said...

Hey! Thanks for the blogs--catching up gives me something fun to look forward to. Carla brought the kids over to see me again yesterday. They are being so gentle! Ellie gave me a 12-step hug...started by patting my cheek, then carressing my cheek, then patting my neck and eventually got her arms around my neck and squeezed. So sweet! Walker gave me the gentlest hug then launched into a commentary about his day at preschool and ended up analyzing the teams in the Super Bowl. I told him I would be better enough to play games with him by the time the Super Bowl is on but I maybe better clarify that I'm thinking along the lines of a game of Go Fish, not a game of football.

Anderson just slept but he smiled in his sleep...I don't think he can get cuter but I bet I'm wrong!

Keep the blogs coming...really does help. And thanks to everyone for all the prayers and good wishes!