Saturday, January 19, 2008

The day I turned 200,000

Yep, the old Grand Cherokee hit the big 200,000 mile mark Thursday night on my way home from school. Wish you were there to see it? Don't worry - I got pictures so we can relive the moment together.
I thought maybe balloons and streamers would fall from the sky but the only remarkable thing that happened was it kept running. So, how's the 200,000 mile old Jeep holding up?
Things that don't work anymore
Cruise control
Keyless entry
Driver side auto door lock
Any speakers on the driver's side
Rear window wiper
Hatch shocks - the things that hold the hatch open. I've been hit in the head more than once
The horn - I really have to fix that
Things that still work that probably shouldn't
All of the automatic windows
All the speakers on the passenger side
The 4WD
Remarkably, the A/C

And now, some less important pictures:

Walker and Ellie watching Dora Pirate. Ellie's pretty scared of the pirate piggies so Walker protects her. Ellie enjoying the top (and, of course, only the top) of a Christmas cookie
Playtime
Preview of the teenage years:

Walker and Ellie racing up the stairs for baths:
Walker: I'm First!
Ellie: I'm Sinkit!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pics. Love the protection one that best. That's What big brothers for.
So did you put balloons and streamers on the car? HEHE

Anonymous said...

mom update.???....how is the recovery going at home for the patient?