Friday, January 4, 2008

Fast Forward

New Year's Eve (I'll cover more of Christmas when/if I remember any of it). As per New Year's Eve tradition, we decided in Sunday School the day before that maybe we ought to get together. Highlights:
I cooked wings from 5 till 8.
I played Euchre for the first time in months.
Walker threw a fit when it was time to go to Grandma and Grandpas so he got to stay home.
Ellie went willingly and left her new kitchen in the hands of somewhere between 5 and 20 kids (I lost count).
Walker stayed awake till 10:45, at which point he had a melt down. I took him to bed, which he wasn't happy about. Luckily, I found a football game on the radio to drown out the noise. Keep in mind, I had just turned it on and had no idea who was playing:
Walker: Who's playing?
Kurt (knowing it was a college football game but lying anyway): The Packers and the Bills.
Walker: Who's our team? (Who are we rooting for?)
Kurt: Umm, the Packers.
Walker: Yeah, you're right daddy. What color helmets do the Bills have?
Kurt: Red.
Walker: Jerseys?
Kurt: Blue
Walker: What about the Packers?
Kurt: Yellow helmets, green jerseys.
Walker: What's the score?
Kurt: The Packers have 17 and the Bills have 14. It's a close game.
Walker: What quarter is it? (He used to ask me what frame it was. Stupid bowling obsession)
Kurt: It's the second. It's almost halftime.
Walker: Which one is the Packers score? (He asks that when he's watching on TV so he can keep track of who's winning. Don't know why he wanted to know on the radio)
Kurt: The top one. Close your eyes and go to sleep.
Walker: I don't want to close my eyes. I want to listen to the game.
Kurt, exhausted: OK, do whatever you want, just stay in bed.

More highlights:
We played Catch Phrase (is that what it's called?) which is actually one of my least favorite games of all time, although I had a really good time playing it this time so it's moving up in the ranks.
"Give me some stuff that covers your organs" means give me some skin.
"Stuff that comes from a pig . . . aboot" means Canadian Bacon.
Dick Clark looks better this year than last year.
Ryan Seacrest still looks like he needs punched.

The place cleared out right after midnight because of the little kids. Carla fell asleep at 12:17. I cleaned up for a little while then went to bed at 1:45. Anderson woke up at 1:46. I bounced Anderson in his chair for an hour until it was time for him to eat and I finally went to sleep at 3. Walker woke up at 7 and wanted to Grandma and Grandpa's. Happy New Year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

some of your SS members did not know about the get together....no phone calls?