Monday, October 1, 2007

That's it! No more voting.

Oh man, we're tearing the family apart. Here's a recap of the voting:

Steph granted Grandma W her 19th amendment rights while Carla and I were still debating the issue
Stacey and Andy want to teach our children to spit at each other
We're stealing Tim and Jen's next son's name
Bryan and Robin are questioning our originality
Mom and Dad are totally jumping down Bryan and Robin's throats
I realized that Gma W named all her kids with 4 letters or less just to fit on a stocking and she manipulated at least 2 of their marriages for the same purpose (did Aunt Susie ever get a stocking? Did you just write "Sue" or was the "i" skinny enough that it didn't count?)

Grandma: You may vote. And if grandma votes count as double then Great grandma votes count as 5. I'm sure Anderson won't mind if he has to have Christmas long underwear.
Steph: Caroline is not only off the table but she's also under it - and dreaming.
Tim and Jen: I hope our next sons have the same name. They can go into the window business together.
Stacey and Andy: Keep your scary, sweaty, spitting kids away from mine.
Bryan and Robin: Start having kids soon while there's still some names left.
Mom and Dad: Call Michael Kandel

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excuse me, I revoked nothing. I merely informed Gma that there's no reason she shouldn't be allowed to vote. How is that revoking? I was sticking up for her! By the way, on the whole Michael Kandel Michael Kandel thing, isn't Michael Kandel Michael Kandel's namesake? (Like I know anything; I thought you guys were still naming your daughter Caroline.) Thanks for the mid-Monday laugh. I needed it!

Anonymous said...

I revoke my comment re: revoking. Thanks for clearing the issue up, Kurt.

Robin said...

disclaimer - bryan & robin kandel is actually just robin :) don't want to get more people involved in this than necessary!! you are funny, kurt :)

Anonymous said...

wow.....this kandel name thing is getting scarier by the moment. I agree with stephanie in "thanks for the mid morning laugh". What ever you name your child I am sure it will be loved the same, despite fitting on a stocking! Just keep everyone guessing. And Stacy and Andy's baby is already sticking up for itself which is WONDERFUL!!

again thanks for the laugh....always enjoy reading your blog.

a friend

Jen said...

you aren't stealing a name and I never meant it that way at all... Tim is already mad at me for saying that though I was meaning it all as a compliment to you having good taste...
Nothing is ever set with us until we would know that sex and such and how we feel- and lets remember, I am not pregnant and you are- which would give you the rights to any name anyways.

Kurt and Carla said...

Oh, man. Now Jen's accusing me of accusing her of accusing us of stealing her next kid's name. Will it never end?

Keely Kandel said...

I'm just really glad I never got involved with this one.

Anonymous said...

That should have said Keely -- I guess I'm still signed in under my teacher name. -Keely

Unknown said...

kurt - i'll sell you the naming rights to a boy name that jen wont let us have: H

that's right H
no period after... just the letter H

it'd make for a cool first name for a boy... i wish i were kidding.

or you could take George Castanza's idea and name the kid Seven... it'd work for a boy or girl.

this is tim.