Thursday, October 18, 2007

Mainly Stuff the Wife Says

Or used to say, more like. Thinking back on the 11 years that we've spent together brings to mind . . .
"I'm a tricker": You just fell for my joke, you schmuck.
"Really Super": Something can be really great or even super great, but if it's "really super" great, well, it doesn't get much better than that.
"What do you think about that?": This one basically means I'm better than you. "Oh, you're tired from football? Well, I just lifted than ran three miles so what do you think about that?"
"Seichen Sie Seuch" (for those of you who took Spanish in high school, it's pronounced Zyken zee zoik): This one's my favorite. It's Carla's own made up German word and it means whatever she wants it to mean at any given time, though it's usually an insult or a demand for quiet. If she's really mad, it's just "Seichen Sie!" but if she's really super mad, it's "SEICH!".

Also, in kid news:
Yesterday Walker was playing football with Gma K. and he said before they play he has to "break the picture". Mom finally figured out he meant he has to run through the hoop like the leopards do when they come out of the locker room so she held up a blanket for him to "break".

When Carla left for work this morning, she said, "Bye, little peanuts. I love you." Walker laughed at her and said "Bye, big peanut".

When I left for work this morning, I tried to kiss Ellie goodbye but she cried and yelled at me. I grabbed her hand and kissed it and she got mad and wiped it off. She'll love me again when she's 20, right?

2 comments:

Keely Kandel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hey Kurt, You better believe Ellie will love you in 20 yrs b/c you'll be planning her wedding!!!!!
G-GMA W