Friday, October 12, 2007

Time now for 'The Guy who Would Rather Watch Star Wars . . .'

I like Star Wars as much as the next nerdy engineer but I wouldn't consider myself an over-the-top fan (I am an "Over the Top" fan, though. Come on, Sly Stallone arm wrestling for the custody of his only child? Who wouldn't love that?). Anyway, back to Star Wars. I've seen all of them, even a couple in the theater, but I'm not the kind of guy who goes to the openings at midnight dressed like Boba Fett. But, for whatever reason, I had a dream last night that I was in a light-saber battle with my dad in my living room. I won. I cut both of his hands off and didn't even feel bad. The problem is, as dreams tend to go sometimes, shortly after the epic duel, I found out that it was actually Walker with his hands cut off. He didn't seem to mind too much but I was freaking out. I wrapped his little arms up in some gauze and I think I put his hands in the refrigerator so we could take him to the doctor to get them reattached - the next morning. Yeah, I was going to wait a whole day to do it. Maybe I was just too tired from the fight to take him in or maybe I was scared I'd go to jail for cutting off my son's hands. Either way, father of the year. Well, fortunately, the next morning his hands had been miraculously reattached and he had forgotten about the whole ordeal. I was really glad because I wouldn't have to tie his shoes for him for the rest of his life.

My question to you is, should I seek counseling now or is there a medication I should try first?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kurt,

no comments needed.

Anonymous said...

That's the saddest thing I've heard since Stacey ran over the little black puppy and didn't feel bad. What is it with you people?

Anonymous said...

Please help me!

Dale and Gail said...

Evidently too much motrin causes bagel reactions AND freaky dreams!

Anonymous said...

Kurt, And I thought I had problems!!!! Now I have you to worry about too !!!!!GGMAW

kay said...

Counseling and medications!!!!