Monday, March 17, 2008

Sports Trivia and Nicknames

Kurt: Ellie, who's your favorite basketball player?
Ellie: The Browns.
Kurt: OK, who's your favorite football player?
Ellie: The Indians.
Kurt: And who's your favorite baseball player?
Ellie: The Leopards.

We definitely have some work to do with Ellie but I thought this next one was pretty impressive. Saturday, Mom and Dad picked up Walker to take him to their house to play. He was wearing a Browns sweatshirt.
Mom: Are the Browns playing today? Is that why you're wearing a Browns shirt?
Walker: No, the Browns aren't playing because the Colts lost. The Colts lost to Tennessee so the Browns don't get to play.

I had to think about that one for a minute but he's right. The Browns would have gone to the playoffs if the Colts would have beaten the Titans. But the Titans won. 3 months ago.

Walker met Bob's new love interest yesterday. She asked him what his name was.
Walker: Walker
Kurt and Carla (to clarify R's and L's): Walker
Laura: Oh, Walker.
Walker: Yeah. That's different, huh?.

Also, Anderson has a neck. I found it the other day when I was giving him a bath. For a while I was thinking that his shoulders were connected directly to his chubby cheeks. I guess maybe he's starting to thin out.
Nicknames for Anderson:
Chub Chubs - because he's fat
Chubalubs - because he's fat. Ellie calls him "Tsubuwubas"
Mr. Fat Pants - because he's fat
Mr. Spit Lips - because he drools and makes spit bubbles
Stuffy Jones - because he's so stuffed up right now that he can't even suck on his pacifier. And, yeah, I'm not really sure where the Jones part comes from.

While I'm at it, Nicknames for Ellie:
Sister Sue
Sue
Sue Sue (don't know why on any of those. Ask Carla)
Fluffy the kitty cat
Nicknames for Walker:
Rosco
Walker Joe John Johanson Magillicutty Kandel

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot "Ellie Gemelli" (like the pasta).
When I said that at dinner the night we were eating gemelli, Walker said "Then I'm Walker Gemalker."

Carla

Anonymous said...

I love all the nicknames and the kiddisms. They are great
Have a wonderful Easter.

Lynne