Monday, March 10, 2008

I like Apples

In my lunch today: Two apples, a baked apple granola bar, an apple NutriGrain bar, left-over apple crisp, and oatmeal. What kind of oatmeal, you ask? You guessed it . . . Raisin and Spice. And 2 oranges.

Ellie loves children's Tylenol. Sometimes if Walker's sick and she sees us giving him Tylenol, she says, "I have a fever. I need fever medicine." or "I have a cough and I need medicine" then she does this fake little cough. It's pretty funny. Last night, when she actually was sick (still is, actually, got that croupy cough again), I woke her up at about 11 to give her Tylenol. When I told her what I had for her, she got this really big but really sleepy smile on her face, took the tablets out of my hand, balled them up in her little fist, and started laying back down to go back to sleep. I had to wake her up again to get her to actually chew it up.

Last year, Ellie had croup pretty bad. It was an emergency room ordeal and she didn't really respond to the breathing treatments so they kept her for a couple nights (I think) and kept giving her steroids and stuff that made her really hyper. All she wanted to do was run up and down the hallways which the doctors said she shouldn't because it would make her cough. We thought we might have to take her back to the ER again on Saturday night (yes, the night with the blizzard) but she ended up doing OK. It got me thinking that it would be really funny to see her all hyper again, though. Especially with the way she talks and acts like a cat all the time now. Maybe I'll give her some coffee when I get home.

No comments: