Friday, March 14, 2008

Carly's in the microwave again . . .

is what Carla said to me one night as we were cleaning up after the kids went to bed. Walker and Ellie have a tendency to put baby dolls in microwaves and ovens. They get it honest, though. When we were kids, Kyle and I renamed one of Stacey's baby dolls to "Abuse-o-baby" because it acted really life-like when we would throw it down the stairs. Well, death-like.

Walker, Ellie, Carla, and I had an awesome game of My little pony Dora ball bocci last week. Ellie has a ball pit inflatable dora house, from which we used the balls. She also has a my little pony that we used as the pill. I told Walker to count everyone's dora bocci balls to make sure we all had the same number. He walked over to a pile, looked at them, and said, "two, four, six, eight, ten, eleven." He was right. He counted all the piles and was right with all of them. Why can my 3-year-old (well, almost 4 now) count by two's? Because he has . . . The Knack.

2 comments:

Dale and Gail said...

Cute,Kurt,real cute. You can call my grandson talented or gifted or a genius just don't label him with that 7-letter word..."engineer"!

Uh, ok, two, four, six, eight letter word!

Unknown said...

how many times has that Dilbert clip circulated around your office e-mail?

;)