Thursday, March 20, 2008

Ohio State Knights

I got home last night from a meeting at church at about 9:30. I knew Anderson, Walker, and Carla would be asleep but I thought Ellie was probably still awake. She was. She had just been laying in her bed in the dark for an hour and a half looking around. When I walked in, she said, "Is that you, daddy?" in a really sleepy voice. I told her yes and gave her a hug and she wouldn't let go. She just hugged me for the longest time. I told her she was my best little girl and she said, "Oh, thank you, daddy." Then I covered her up and she even let me kiss her goodnight (she's usually just a hugs kind of girl). It was just one of life's precious little moments that I don't want to forget. I'm sure the next thing I know, I'll be walking her down the aisle to marry a handsome republican pediatric surgeon with fledgling political aspirations.

Carla: Walker, do you want to wear your Ohio State shirt to school tomorrow?
Walker: With my Knight in Shining Armor?
Carla: You mean your UnderArmour?
Walker: Oh, yeah. Yeah, sure.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kurt, How precious!! Brought a smile and a tear.Some day when you're sitting in your rocking chair on the porch of a nsg home, that's the memory that will pick you up for the day...Love, Gma W.

Anonymous said...

Kurt, How precious!! Brought a smile and a tear.Some day when you're sitting in your rocking chair on the porch of a nsg home, that's the memory that will pick you up for the day...Love, Gma W.

Anonymous said...

Kurt, How precious!! Brought a smile and a tear.Some day when you're sitting in your rocking chair on the porch of a nsg home, that's the memory that will pick you up for the day...Love, Gma W.

Dale and Gail said...

That's neat, Kurt. You may not always be able to remember the exact moment but you'll never ever forget the feeling!

I agree you will be walking Ellie down the aisle in a blink of an eye but maybe she will BE the pediatric surgeon instead of just marrying one.