Tuesday, September 11, 2007

A red and purple preschool

It was Walker's first day of preschool yesterday and he apparently did very well. I figured it might be a finger-chewing-screaming-fit-throwing debacle but when the teacher came out to ask who was ready to walk in with her (they do it one at a time), Walker said "I am. Ellie, tell Walker to have a good day." and walked right in and started playing. His favorite things to play with were the trains and blocks and, of course, the computer. When I asked him who he played with he said "the red one and the purple one." I finally got out of him that one of his teachers had a red shirt on and one had a purple shirt. I hope he plays with some kids next time, though he's more used to adults so I'm not surprised that he spent a lot of time with the teachers. Poor Ellie, though. All she did while Walker was in preschool was wander around the house calling for him. What a lonely little girl.

Speaking of Ellie, she's only about 50/50 for taking naps anymore. Sometimes she'll stand up in her crib for over an hour just talking to herself or singing songs. It's really cute to listen to her on the monitor. One conversation she had with herself went: "No, Walker! Bad! No 'Oh my God', Walker! Time out! No 'Oh my God!'" Then Sunday, instead of napping, she just sang "time for VEGGIE TALES!" over and over again.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I looked in on him when I dropped Micah off yesterday and he seemed happy :) I didn't know their room had a computer- it didn't last year. Glad that he had a good day :)

Addie is usually lost without Micah as well... poor little girls ;)

Robin said...

it's hard for me to believe the kids are all going off to school!! i know it's only preschool, but geez!! time for some new little ones :)