Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Labor Weekend

Friday: Took Walker to the Leopards game and he made it through the whole thing. One of the proudest moments for me came during the halftime band show when he looked at Carla and, quite exasperated, said, "Mom, when is football going to start again?" Good thing Dad was there, though, because by the end of the game, Walker was too tired to walk back to the car. I was too gimpy and Carla too pregnant to carry him so Dad handled it.

Saturday: Watched the decathlon with Walker. I asked him who was going to win one of the races and he said "Probably number 2." So we sat there for a while chanting "Go number 2! Go number 2!" I felt like I was potty training Walker again. Then we went to Mom and Dads for supper and found out some exciting news that I'm sure anyone who reads this knows about by now.

Sunday: Took Walker to the Indians game (Ellie had a relatively uneventful weekend). Prior to Sunday, the Indians won 7 games in a row. They also won last night, beating Johann Santana for the 5th time this year. Sunday, though, just for us, they were completely worthless. We left after the 7th inning. Walker said he didn't want to go back to an Indians game because "it was too bored." We told him we'd just take him when he got bigger and he said "Dad, when I'm bigger I'll play." Atta boy, dream big. Also went to Bob and Kay's for dinner and delicious cheese cake. We get a lot of free meals on the weekends. Then we went to Brad and Krystal's to play cards and got to talk to and see Bryan and Robin for the first time in a long time. The coolest thing, though, was when we left, I looked back in through their front window and saw Robin's head on the big screen TV. I had already seen her from inside, of course, but just thought it was funny that I could still see her so well from so far away. It's kind of like seeing the great wall of china from space, I guess.

Monday: We were going to go to Texas Roadhouse for my birthday dinner but both kids ended up getting fevers so I just went to pick it up instead. They actually got the order right for once, though, so it worked out. How are the kids? Don't know yet. They're on the way to the doctor right now. To be continued . . .

2 comments:

Robin said...

me and that big head of mine!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys... I forgot to tell you about the following conversation Walker and I had...

Me: Walker, the Indians are on the radio today.

Walker: Can we watch them play?

Me: Sorry, buddy, they aren't on TV.

Walker (proudly): No, Grandma, I go with Mom and Dad and watch the real guys and eat Cracker Jacks and they're little!

Little real guys? or little Cracker Jacks? I never found out cause by then he was on to other things and I was left to wonder.

Mom