Friday, September 14, 2007

Around the World

Yesterday afternoon, I had a doctor's appt. To get there, we went down 172 to Rt. 30.

Side note: Walker is very intrigued by directions and how to get places. He has all the places we go classified as "places we turn right to get to" or "places we turn left to get to" -- (referring to the initial turn out of our driveway).


I guess I didn't realize exactly how much he paid attention to the various roads we travel to get here and there. On our way home from the doctor's I took 77S to 62 then to Broadway. When we drove by my mom and dad's house, he called to me from his car seat in that methodical tone that lets me know he is pondering something.

Walker: Mommy . . .
Me: What, buddy?
Walker: (in an exasperated voice) Why did you go all the way around the world?
Me: (smiling) I didn't, Walker. We just came home the other way.

I love the way 3-year-old brains work. Just to think that his perspective of the whole world is from our side of town to grandma Lewis' side of town makes me appreciate the innocence of childhood so much more!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how did the bloodwork go? hope that ellie is felling better too.

Katie said...

This blog is adorable. Stacey just clued me in that you had one when I saw her last weekend. What a great way to keep up with the latest "Walker/Ellie sayings". Despite the vomit, I would still call you all lucky:)