Thursday, August 2, 2007

Indians and Cheerios

Walker's really into sports lately but he's still having trouble getting them all straight in his mind. Last night we were listening to the Indians game and Ryan Garko singled in a run. A delighted Walker yelled, "Yeah, Garko! You're really tackling C. C. Sabathia!" I thought about trying to explain but decided it would be too hard. Sabathia wasn't even pitching. I just smiled to myself as I pictured Garko jumping the bullpen wall and blindsiding his teammate.

That reminds me of another funny Walker story: A couple weeks ago, Carla had Walker and Ellie at the grocery store. Walker was looking at all the food and asked Carla: "Mom, hey mom, mom, mom . . . do I like these Cheerios with meatballs?" When Carla looked down she saw he was pointing at a can of Spaghetti-Os (she bought 'em, he liked 'em). I wonder why that's never been tried, though. There's all kinds of cereal/meat possibilities . . . Corn flakes and brisket, Count Shrimpula, honey bunches of meatloaf, couscous puffs. Hey, couscous isn't a meat, it's small granules from semolina flour rehydrated and typically served with meat or fish. Yeah, I know, served with meat, so it counts.

Also, Ellie had her first haircut last night and was so tired that she actually sat still for it. Missy kind of braided her hair when she was done and Ellie looked in the mirror and said "Pretty girl". She did look cute. I'll post a picture when I get the chance.
I got the chance. I never said she liked it.

2 comments:

Robin said...

i'm sure she is a pretty girl :)

Anonymous said...

They don't come much cuter....GGMA