Monday, August 6, 2007

Anatomy Issues

Walker and I(Carla) were sitting at the kitchen table reading the Sunday paper and having a snack. He was looking at the ads when he looked up and initiated the following conversation:
Walker (seeking some reassurance): Mommy . . . Ellie's a girl so she can have the same thing you have.
Carla: What same thing, Walker?
Walker: You know, on your belly.
Carla: A baby?
Walker: No . . . (thinking how to explain) . . . Let me see up your belly and I'll show you.
Carla (really perplexed): Okay.
Walker (proceeds to lift up my shirt and point to my bra): See, that.
Carla (smiling): Ohhhh . . . Yes, Ellie can have one of those when she gets bigger.
Walker: But boys don't.
Carla: You're right, they don't. Who told you this, Walker?
Walker: Grandma Kandel
Carla: (thinking to myself) I'll have to talk to Grandma Kandel and see what else she's been telling you :)

After our little chat was over I was wondering what sparked this thought to begin with. Low and behold, as I looked down to the ads Walker was flipping through, the JCP one was opened to the bra and underwear page!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really,guys. Totally innocent explanation! It does tickle me to know that Walker NEVER forgets anything. Grandma

Anonymous said...

That Grandma Kandel ... I think we need to discuss what is and isn't appropriate to teach 3-year-olds ...

Anonymous said...

Gotta love that kid. I think that he would be great for the show "kids say the darnest things".

Anonymous said...

As a witness to the whole Gma Kandel - Walker bra conversation, I can vouch that it was all innocent... This will be fun to bring up infront of his girlfriends when he's about 15!

Stacey

Bryan said...

15?? Walker will be bringing home girls when he's 5. Ready for that, Carla?