Monday, July 30, 2007

The Weekend

Usually by halfway through Monday I can't remember what we did over the weekend anymore but I'll give it my best.

Friday: Bob and I went out in the morning to get the rest of the rubber mulch for the kids' little swingset/playground area. We spent the rest of the day getting ready to have Stacey and Andy and Kyle and Keely over for dinner and a fire. We had a nice time sitting around the fire and didn't find out till the next day that we were out there in the middle of a tornado warning. We live too far away to hear the sirens so I guess our only warning will be someone saying, "Man, it sure is getting windy out here . . . AAAHHHhhh!

Saturday: Carla and I took the kids for a walk in the morning from Metzger Park to her mom and dad's house. It's about 3 mile but we're studs, we can handle it. Then we took Walker to see Ratatouille. As soon as we sat down Walker said he didn't want to watch it. I think he was scared of the giant people and rats on the screen. It was a pretty rough experience overall. Walker sat through it, which was good, but the popcorn tasted like buttery Rolaids and I'd give the movie itself about a French onion dip on Bryan's scale.

Sunday: A vocal group called Myrrh came to our church and vocalized. They were much better than I expected and have an amazing testimony. They even had a bluegrass album which I bought and found to be pretty good. Then, off to Bob and Kay's for Lisa's birthday party. It was fun 'cause there's always lots of people there who play with the kids so Carla and I got to lounge in the pool for like 45 minutes and just talk. Haven't gotten to do that in a while. Also, to be true to the "stuff the kids say" theme, when we got home last night, I gave Ellie one of my harmonicas and she started "playing" like she does sometimes. Then, out of nowhere, she stopped and said "I got the balloon". She meant "blues" 'cause Walker and I do that sometimes. It was pretty cute.

Huh, I guess I did pretty good remembering.

3 comments:

Bryan said...

Are you sure she didn't mean to say, "I got the blue"? One time I saw this really cool three-man band that sang a song about some guy who stole a blue crayon from his sister . . . or something like that. I think they were called "It's Sunday Again". All I really remember is some rocking mouth harp and a couple studs playing acoustic guitars.

Unknown said...

French onion dip on chips, or french onion dip on a spoon?

Kurt and Carla said...

More like French onion dip on a marshmallow.