Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Snow Day!

Carla and the rest of Northeast Ohio (including me - yay) don't have school today so she gets to stay home with the kids. She had them upstairs getting dressed while she was cleaning this morning and Walker was sitting in the middle of the floor while she was trying to sweep.
Carla: Walker, you better move before I sweep you up.
Walker, laughing at her: You can't sweep me. I have too many bones.

Later, Walker asked when Grandma Lewis was coming over to play basketball. "I got my A-game and she has her W-game and that means she's gonna lose." When Carla asked him who taught him that, he said, "my dad." Now, I did teach him A-game the other night, but I never mentioned W-game. I told him and Ellie that I brought my A-game and I was going to beat them in basketball but Walker said "You're not going to win. We're going to pick you out of the game." That means one of the kids sets a pick and the other shoots. They set picks by tackling me and laying on me till the other one makes the basket. Sometimes Ellie takes half a dozen shots then comes over and makes Walker get off of me so I can pick her up to make the basket. When I'm on offense they just both run at me and tackle me. They usually win.

The other day Ellie and Kay were marching around the kitchen table because . . . uh, I don't know why. Anyway, Kay passed Ellie once and Ellie got pretty upset. "No, Grandma, get beround me!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

K&C.....It should really warm your heart to know how many people you make smile with your blogs. Can't get enuff of them. Gma Walker