Thursday, February 21, 2008

Baseball on his mind

I picked up Walker yesterday from preschool and took the kids to my mom's for lunch. She had a lot going on but she was able to carve out a few minutes from her schedule for us. Anyway, I called her to see what she wanted from "old macdonalds" so we could pick it up. Walker asked me what she wanted.
Kurt: A double cheeseburger.
Walker: Two cheeseburgers!?
Kurt: Well, a double cheeseburger is 2 cheeseburgers stacked on top of each other.
Walker: Oh. What's a home run cheeseburger?

Also, Walker knocked his juice box over the other day, brought it out to the kitchen, and said, "I spilled my juice box in the living room. Fortunately, it was already empty." What's a 3-year old doing saying "fortunately"?

I thought about explaining this one but I think I'll let you guess. The first one to get it right gets a prize: Last night we had fish for dinner. Walker took a bite and said, "My fish is swimming around in my belly and Jesus is going to catch it, huh?"

And finally, Walker knows how to say "I love you" in 4 languages, English, German, Spanish, and French (well, actually for French he says "Friendship door", which Ellie translated to "French door"). I think the problem there is that my mom taught him how to say it in French, which she doesn't speak. Before bed every night now, he says, "I love you, Ich liebe Dich, Friendship door." Then Ellie yells out "French Door!"

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Because Jesus lives in his heart, which is above his stomach, so Jesus can drop a hook and line into his stomach and catch the fish???

Shirley said...

Your blog always makes me smile.
Just adorable.
Aunt Steph- you are a very wise!

Jen said...

I just figured it was him relating the story of Jesus and the disciples out fishing to him eating fish ...

Jen said...

I just figured it was him relating the story of Jesus and the disciples out fishing to him eating fish ...

Anonymous said...

Steph wins! Consult with Kurt for you prize . . .
Carla

Robin said...

what happened to "te amo" in that sequence?

Unknown said...

FYI: in french it's Je t'aime...

that german stuff just sounds dirty.

Kurt and Carla said...

For Bryan: apparently he doesn't think it's cool enough to include. Where did I go wrong?

For Tim: I agree, but it really looks dirtier than it sounds:)
(Eek Leeba Deek)

carla

Anonymous said...

Or, in French, it can be "Je t'adore" which sounds alot like "shut the door" which relates back to the whole French door thing. Ellie may be on to something! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the blog! Can't wait to watch the kids on Friday!
Auntie Ann (Warnock)