Friday, November 9, 2007

The kids in black

Walker loves Johnny Cash, which I fully encourage. The only problem is his favorite song is called "Cocaine Blues". He asked to listen to it last night so I put it in for him and I realized he pretty much has it memorized.
Walker Cash: Early one morning while making my rounds, I took a shot of cocaine and I shot my woman down.
It doesn't get any better, either. Fortunately, Carla and I always seem to be talking really loudly during that second to last line . . . It was pretty cute watching him and Ellie listen last night, though, especially when I walked in and Walker was singing and Ellie was playing the harmonica. She can change harmonicas faster than kiss a duck.

Why don't these people let their children listen to kids' songs? We do. They have their Eddie music, Bible Songs, Silly songs, etc., but they also like Johnny Cash for whatever reason. The cool part is, they know more Johnny Cash songs than you do (except maybe Tim) but they've never even heard of the Wiggles.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot to tell everyone that he really calls it "The Dirty Hacky" song b/c one of the lines says something about him being a dirty hack.

Bryan said...

Walk the Line was on TV here a few days ago, and I watched a bit of it. The part where he sings that cocaine song in the prison was on, and I thought to myself, "Wow this song is pretty rough. I should change the channel."

Also, ever since reading this post (yesterday), I've had that song stuck in my head. However I, unlike Walker, do not know all the words. So I've been singing, "When I was arrested, I was dressed in black . . . sumthin', sumthin', sumthin down in Juarez, Mexico."