Tuesday, November 6, 2007

The comedic talents of Ellie Jane

I lost Ellie the other day. I was in the office watching Walker play on the computer and, when I came out, Ellie was nowhere to be found. No windows were open, so I was guessing she was still in the house. I checked our bedroom, bathroom, closet, and was about to go upstairs in a semi-panic, when, for some reason, I walked back into the bedroom. Some of Carla's clothes were on the floor and I realized that Ellie must have been back in her new-found hiding spot (look at the pictures from a couple posts ago). She loves pulling clothes out of Carla's dresser and hiding in there but she's usually really loud. This time, not a sound for at least 5 minutes. I opened the door and she said, "I play hide and seek. SURPRISE!"

Bathtime . . .
Ellie, holding up a bottle of baby soap: My soap is red.
Kurt, holding up the other bottle: Good job, El. What's this one?
Ellie: Shampoop!

Last night, Ellie was playing with her bare feet and singing.
Kurt: What'chya doing, El? (by the way, my new nickname for Ellie is Mexican question mark)
Ellie: Picking at my Halloween toes.

Also, Walker put his shirt on upside-down this morning. Not inside out, upside-down. He put the head hole over his head first and then pulled the rest of the shirt down and tried to work his arms up through the head hole and into the arm holes. More of a visual thing, I guess, but it was pretty funny.

Last night Walker, Ellie, and I (Carla) went on a date because Kurt's been working like a maniac lately. Since the house was clean, I figured - Why mess it up by cooking! Anyways, we got to Bob Evans and the hostess took us to the booth. I told Walker he was the man of the night so he could sit across from me and Ellie on the other side of the booth. He said, "Mommy, I'm taking you on a date!" I asked him if he was going to pay, to which he replied, "I can't pay, but I'll hold the keys cause I'm the man." He also did a fine job disciplining Ellie when she wasn't using her manners. He also let me know that if she continued, she should get spanked! Unfortunately, he thinks that it is always his job to correct/yell at her. We're working on this!
We had a really fun dinner, though. It will probably be the last dinner out before the baby comes . . .

No comments: