Monday, November 19, 2007

The day of three surprises

I took Walker and Ellie to the doctor on Friday to get their flu shots. Ellie was pretty much clueless but Walker really, really didn't want to go. I told him it was just a little shot and that if he could be brave and show Ellie how it's done, he could get three surprises. Well, as it turns out, flu shots are a thing of the past. The "shot" is now a nasal spray. Kids are so spoiled these days.

So, to keep the spoiled kids theory alive, I still gave them their 3 surprises.
Surprise #1: Popcorn and lemonade at Target. Target was one of the first words Walker learned how to spell: O-T-A-R-G-E-T.
Surprise #2: Lunch at Chic-fil-a. Unbeknownst to me but beknownst to Walker and Ellie, Chic-fil-a has a playground.
Walker: Oh, boy, Chic-fil-a! I'm going to play at the playground!
Kurt: They have a playground? Oh, I've never been there.
Walker: Dad, you'll really like their new french fries. They're not vertical.
That one perplexed me until our order came out. Waffle fries. They're cross-hatched, not vertical. Then they both ate about 1/2 a chicken nugget then went to play.
Surprise #3: Riding the escalator (or, "upsteps") at Sears. I told them we could ride it 3 times since it was a third surprise. Walker said, "You mean like up and down and up and down and up and down?" Yep, that's what I meant. We got some strange looks from people but it was fun.

I also got to watch a little football with Walker over the weekend. After one of the sacks in the Ohio State game, Walker said, "Wow, that guy got linebackered!"

Ellie did some stuff, too, but I'm out of lunch so I'll post about her later.

2 comments:

Andy and Stacey, Jackson, Molly and Natalie said...

Poor Ellie gets shafted and never gets any attention or love. That's the trials of the youngest daughter (for now)!

Dale and Gail said...

Sounds like a fun Daddy Day but if
I remember right, Walmart was Walker's first spelling word...W-A-L-star-M-A-R-T. A classic!

love ya