Thursday, March 3, 2011

Grossest post: Part 2

Welp, I spoke too soon.  Here's the status after I pushed out last night's post:
Carla - WAY sick
Me - still fine
Walker - woke up sick at 1 am
Ellie - woke up sick at 9 pm
Anderson - sick all night
Caroline - slept all night, thank God.

Unfortunately, she was the only one that got a good night's sleep.  Carla and the kids were up all night shouting at their shoes and I was on clean-up duty.  Between the two of us, Carla and I dumped out over 25 buckets, no exaggeration.  I had to do 3 loads of laundry in the middle of the night and clean up floors and furniture over and over.  I also used well over half a bottle of Purel in hopes of not catching this bug.  Of course, when you're elbow deep in flu byproduct all night, the odds are stacked against you.

Things calmed down after about 4 am, and everyone got a couple hours of solid sleep.  Of course, Caroline woke up at 6 and wanted to play with everyone.  I had to take her over to my mom and dad's for a while so she wouldn't re-catch this thing.  We're home now, and everyone seems to be doing quite a bit better.  Soup for lunch and TV all day should get them back on their feet pretty soon.  I sure am glad I already had planned to take today off work because of the surgery.  There's no way Carla could be taking care of all the kids right now.  It's kind of funny - I was supposed to be home alone all day, reading, relaxing, watching TV, whatever, and instead I'm in the caretaker's role.  I'm so thankful that whatever cocktail the docs gave me yesterday didn't screw with me like when I got my wisdom teeth out.  I was sick for days after that.  This time, I felt great as soon as I woke up.

Well, time for more Purel (I'm pretty sure Carla was touching this keyboard earlier) and hopefully everyone will go down for naps.

1 comment:

Kay said...

I remember those days. Your a better man than Bob. He just couldn't do throw up. We lived in Florida and Lisa threw up red kool-aid at 5:30am. No time to clean up. We had a flight leaving for Ohio and my husband promised to do the clean up after he took us to the airport. I was gone a month. Let's just say he threw a towel over it until I came home.