Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Black Eyed Anderson

So we went to the zoo on Sunday to get our family pass (thanks to Groupon), and Anderson ran into one of those wooden pedestal things that looks like a plaque tipped forward on an angle . . . you know, the things that tell you the animal's name, habitat, diet, etc.  Now, when I say ran into, I don't mean he turned around a bumped it.  I mean he was barreling towards me from another exhibit and just totally smashed into it.  It laid him out.  I guess it was kind of eye level with him and he was looking at me,  so he didn't really see it.  It instantly swelled halfway shut and is now pretty shades of blue, black, and purple.  He was a tough guy considering how bad it must've hurt.  He told Kurt today, "Just call me Anderson-purple-eye, dad.  Cuz that's what I have."

While we were watching Ellie at ice-skating lessons today, Caroline said, "Hi baby" in a sweet little voice to an actual baby!  I was impressed, mostly because I didn't know she could even say baby, let alone identify one.

Walker just got another awesome report card and is starting Hot Stove next week.  He's about as excited as Walker can get.

Peace, yo.  I'm out.  (That's for you, Kurt.)

No comments: