Tuesday, December 7, 2010

What's up with these kids, yo?

Anderson told Caroline not to be a Gigolo.

Ellie just did some five-year-old-white-girl freestyle rapping.  She started with Rock-a-bye Baby, then she flowed it like she knowed it and the people done voted.  Yo.

Caroline woke up at 2:30 this morning and didn't go back to sleep until about 5:00.  She was completely inconsolable.  She squirmed in my arms until I let her down, then she ran out in the kitchen, sat down, laid her head down on the floor, and sobbed.  I offered her goldfish and milk, which she refused.  Then we went and watched Leno, Law and Order SVU, then the Cosby Show.  She liked SVU but cried during the others.  I guess she's down with the murdering but likes neither terribly unfunny nor hilarious entertainers.  I mean, seriously, having other people cut out newspaper clippings and mail them to you so you can sit in a chair and read them does not make you funny.  It makes you lazy.  Anyway, then I offered Caroline oyster crackers, which she devoured.  Then she finally went back to sleep.  Women.

Anderson, after every bath he ever takes, to whomever's drying him:  Can you put my towel in my towel?
That means he wants you to wrap him up with it and tuck it in so it stays on.  He also likes to use the tie on my bathrobe to go fishing in our bathtub.

Carla told the kids to clean or something the other day and Walker said, "Mom, aren't you going to wink me out of it?"  He meant he wanted Carla to wink at him when she told them to clean so he wouldn't have to do it but everyone else would.  Good try, buddy, but mommy can't wink.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How funny, about the winking! I love adorable kids :)