Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Weather calamaties

Carla was worried that the Jeep and I were going to die on the way home last night because it's recently developed a new rattle under the hood and because it was so cold so she told the kids say an extra prayer for me to get home safe.
Walker, during his prayers: . . . And please bring Daddy home safe, And please bring Daddy home safe, And please bring Daddy home safe, And please bring Daddy home safe, And please bring Daddy home safe.
Carla: Why did you say that so many times? Jesus could hear you the first time you said it.
Walker: But Mom, you told me to say it "extra."

Last Friday when the high school basketball game got cancelled due to the 3/4" of snow on the ground, I had to break the bad news to Walker.
Walker, walking ('cause that's his thing. It's what he does) over to the TV: That's OK. What channel is the Cavs game on?
Me: Oh, sorry, buddy. The Cavs aren't on our TV tonight.
Walker: This is just the worst day ever!
I took him to my mom and dad's house to watch the game. It started at 8. He fell asleep at 8:25.

Oh, also, a while ago, just after the elections, in fact, we asked Ellie if she knew who the new president was going to be. Her answer: "Yeah. Baracko."
You know - Baracko Bama.

1 comment:

Dale and Gail said...

Walker & Ellie & I were mixing up pound cakes the other day. Walker wanted to know where my hammer was so he could get it. Normally I'm 1/2 step ahead of him but I was distracted by the flying flour and eggs and just said "Why?". He gave me his c'mon-Grandma-try-to-stay-with-me-here look and said "So we can pound the cake!" Of course.