Saturday, January 24, 2009

Jeep calamaties

Well, that rattle under the hood was more than just a new noise. I started the jeep to go home last Wed. night and immediately snapped the serpentine belt. Turned out one of the idler pulleys was shot (like, the bearing was completely gone - all I found when I got it home was some shards of metal and 1 ball). Thanks to Brad and Krystal for letting me borrow the Tahoe for a few days and thanks especially to Bob for coming to get my jeep and tow it home. Pretty easy fix over all. And very cheap. $25 for a pulley and $20 for the belt. I'll keep resuscitating it as long as I still have friends/family with extra vehicles and big trucks for hauling it home.

Carla heard Walker whimpering in his sleep the other night.
Carla: Walker, what's wrong?
Walker: When can I wash my hands?
Carla: why do you need to wash your hands?
Walker: Because I touched a poisonous mushroom!
Carla: No, you're fine.
Walker: But I think I took a bite of it, too.
Carla: No, you didn't, buddy, you were just having a dream.
Walker: But Brad and Krystal were there . . .
Then back to sleep.

Ellie and Carla having a car-ride conversation:
Ellie: When do we go to the hospital where people make the babies?
Carla: Only when it's time for Mommy to have a baby or to go visit someone?
Ellie: How can you have a baby?
Carla: You mean like how did you get born?
Ellie: yeah
Carla: Well, I went to the hospital and the doctor helped get you out of my belly.
Ellie: How?
Carla: He just did.
Ellie: Well, who helped make Anderson?

No comments: