Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Who's Rocco Botta?

That's what Walker asked Carla one day a month or so ago. Carla eventually figured out what he was asking and said, "Oh, you mean Barack Obama. He's a guy that wants to be our president." To which Walker immediately replied, "What about John McCain?!?"

I had a dream last night that Obama came to our house for dinner and Carla and I and a few friends sat and talked with him for an hour or so. I eventually dream-told him that I didn't like McCain because he isn't conservative enough and then Obama wouldn't really talk to me anymore. That was too bad. He's a nice guy in a dream.

Last night when I got home, Ellie came running up to me with a big, very excited smile on her face and said, "Daddy, I took a nap today and I get to stay up but Walker didn't take a nap and he has to go to bed early. But I took a nap so I can stay up late! Hi."

Anderson's had one tooth for about 3 weeks now. Stuff he's eaten since (and maybe a little before) he got his first tooth: noodles, cheerios, mashed potatoes, bananas, baked apples, peas, pizza, meatloaf, chicken, quesadillas, stir fry . . . We keep giving him solid food and he keeps not choking so I guess he's doing ok. He can also say 'Dada' and 'hi' now (although 'hi' sounds more like 'ha') so that brings him up to 4 words that I know of, the other 2 being 'mama' (or mamamamamamama) and 'bye-bye' with a big wave. By Walker's count, though, I think he's at 96 words because Walker counts every time Anderson says anything that even resembles a word, even if it's a repeat.

Oh, big day. This is post 100.

4 comments:

Dale and Gail said...

Wow. Congrats on number 100 and having a talking, eating-without-choking kid and Barak chosing to dine with you. Life's good, ain't it, Kurt!

Stephanie said...

100 posts and you still haven't optimized strawberry cheesecake? Better get your nose to the grindstone.

Lynne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lynne said...

Way to go on reaching 100 posts. I was happy that I am almost at 25.
Love the stories...keep them coming.

Have you been able to read my blog? I know some friends are having trouble with it. Please let me know.