Thursday, October 9, 2008

Umm . . . Pimples and Jesus, I guess

Walker asked Carla what a little red bump on his hand was. Carla said it was probably just a pimple. Walker's response: "NO! I don't like pimples! Don't squeeze it, don't tweezer it, just let it go! It'll get better, Jesus will heal it!" That kid's in for a rough adolescence.

Last Friday, I took all 3 kids into church to drop something off or pick something up . . . I forget. Anyway, when we got there, the good Pastor got to talking with Walker.
Pastor: You like football, don't you?
Walker: Yeah.
Pastor (I'll have to paraphrase this): Well, I'll bet you're a really good football player. And you know, some day when you're grown up and you're playing for the Cleveland Browns, I just hope you can remember how much you love God and how much you love your church so that you can tell all your friends on your team. Do you think you can remember how much you love God and Jesus and tell them about it?
Walker, with a non-committal shrug: That's . . . a lot of words . . . And it's a long time.

Also, a big thank you to Duffy. Until I heard her for the first time, I wasn't sure who would be my least favorite singer of the decade. In case you're wondering, I'll go back a few decades for you:
2000's____Duffy
1990's____Cher
1980's____Cher
1970's____Cher
1960's____Sonny and Cher

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ummm..."Believe" was released this decade. Just throwing that out there.