Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Thing # 102 to do with a dead cat . . .

Bury it in the woods. It crawled under our sliding board sometime Monday and died (I maintain that I had absolutely nothing to do with it). Luckily, Kyle and Keely saw it before the kids did and warned us. I dug a hole in the woods and dumped the cat in. If I remember tonight, I'll dump a jar of pepper on top so nothing digs it up. Not the first cat I've buried at our house. Won't be the last.


In other news, we briefly had a dog. It showed up at our house a few days ago (we get a lot of dogs dropped off out there) and decided it was going to live there now. I couldn't chase it off no matter how much I yelled or what I threw at it. It was such a nice, quiet dog and so good around the kids that Carla considered keeping it. Walker was all for that, too. They even gave it a temporary name, "Scruffy," because it was obvious that it hadn't eaten in quite a while so it was really shaggy. So Carla called it Scruffy, Walker called it "Scarfy," and Ellie called it "Dog-o". I called it lots of things but I can't write any of them. In the end, we decided that it would be better for Kyle and Keely to take it and wait a little while before we get a dog of our own. Good looking dog, though. I have a picture of it, as well. I think I'll have to post a bunch of pictures soon.

In other other news, I was at Walmart early Saturday morning getting some milk when I heard, "clip, clip, clip." (Stacey or Steph, help me... how do you punctuate with quotation marks? is it "words". or "words." ? I also need help w/ commas) Anyway, sure enough, I looked over and there was a guy standing in the middle of the isle, clipping his finger nails - just letting them fly any which way. When he was done, he quietly put away his clippers and got right back to restocking the butter.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh, that totally happened to me once, too -- woman standing at the deli counter clipping her fingernails! She was a customer, though. Not that that makes it okay. And it's "words."

Lynne said...

oh gross! I hope that you did not buy butter from that shelf. So does Kyle and Keely still have "scarfy"?

Katie said...

Reason #3597 I no longer shop at WalMart. I shudder.