Thursday, September 4, 2008

Next on my reading list . . .

http://www.amazon.com/101-Uses-Dead-Simon-Bond/dp/0517545160

There was a cat that Walker used to always see when he got out of the car at preschool but it wasn't there on Tuesday when he went in for his open house. Carla told me that much when I got home and then had Walker fill in the rest. She told him to tell me what he thinks happened to the cat. With a shrug he said, "Died up to Jesus Heaven."

I guess when he didn't see it, he matter-of-factly told Carla, "Huh, the cat must have died and goed up to heaven. Maybe there's a cat Jesus."

And, If I wasn't before, I'm definitely a yuppie now. For my birthday, Ellie got me some fancy whole-bean coffee and Walker got me a coffee press. They were both really excited to give them to me, even though they probably have no idea what any of it was. Walker also made me a new fishing lure. I'll have to post a pic, it's pretty cute . . .

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Wow, you really must be a yuppie. Even I don't get whole-bean coffee.

I ask them to grind it for me at Starbucks.

Anonymous said...

You're BOTH yuppies! Happy birthday, Kurt!
BTW, if there are cats in Heaven, I wonder what Gpa Walker thinks of Lucy? I have a feeling there are only dogs (?Jake?) in Gpa's heaven!
Love, Auntie Ann