Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I know what you're gonna say

You: Dude, where have you been? You haven't posted in like forever.
Me: I know, I'm sorry. I've been busy.
You: Too busy to take 5 minutes to immortalize your childrens' childrenhood?
Me: Well, I'm in school again, and it's really busy at work an-
You: Whatever. You know, I don't even check your blog anymore.
Me: I said I was sorry, ok? I'll try to post more often.
You: Whatever.
Me: What? Do you want me to quit my job and drop out of school so I can spend all my time writing?
You: Why can't you just post before you go to bed or something?
Me: No internet at my house. You know that. I complain about it all the time. I can only post at lunch time from work and I haven't had too many lunch times lately.
You: Sounds like a bunch of excuses to me. What else have you been up to besides not posting?
Me: I just told you.
You: Hgch. Ouch! Ah, crap! I just swallowed a marble.
Me: What? Why were you chewing on a marble?
You: That's my thing. It's what I do. Now I have to find a new marble.
Me: Umm, well, you could just wait until tomorrow at about this time . . .
You: That's gross. Don't talk to me anymore. Do you think the Browns will start Quinn this Sunday?
Me: . . .
You: Oh, real mature. Seriously.
Me: No, they'll stick with Anderson and they'll probably win a few games and they won't fire Romeo Crennell and they'll be mediocre for the next 3 years. Then just bad. Seriously, why do you chew on marbles?
You: My mom told me it would help me stop chewing on my nails when I was a kid and it just became habit.
Me: Your mom told you to chew on marbles when you were a kid? Was she trying to choke you?
You: I don't think so. No. Well . . . I guess that might explain why she kept spare anti-freeze in the fridge right beside the Ecto Cooler.
Me: I think there might be some issues there.
You: Yeah, well, that's a whole 'nother topic.
Me: A "whole 'nother"? Where'd you go to school?

Oh, that reminds me of a couple mis-sayings I've been hearing around work lately:
1. "Well, really it's six or a dozen."
2. "I don't want to beat this horse to death."

Walker and I went to the football game last Friday while Carla, Ellie, and Anderson went to friends' house for a camp fire. During half-time, the opposing team's band director was directing quite emphatically.
Walker: Dad, what's he DOING?
Me: Who?
Walker: That man doing the crazy things!

Also at the game, Walker: Dad, what's bigger, a hippo or a hippopotamus?
Me: They're the same thing. A hippo is a hippopotamus.
Walker: You mean like two words that mean the same thing?
Me: yep.
Walker: Oh, well, I like hippopotamus better because the potamus is funny.

And on the way home from the game:
Walker: Dad, you know when the leopards beat ravenna 29-15? How did Ravenna get 15? Did they get a touchdown and an extra point and then get another touchdown and miss the extra point and then get a safety? (yes, he seriously said that and yes, he's seriously 4).
Me: No, I think they got a two point conversion.
Walker: OH! (and then he nodded and smiled at me like 'that sounds much more feasible, why didn't I think of that?) So touchdown, extra point, touchdown, two point conversion?
Me, still amazed that he even remembered the score to the first game of the season: Yep.

Walker, to Carla, yesterday on a car ride: Mom, are Jesus and God the same bigness?

Ellie, mainly to herself, yesterday on the same car ride: Hey! Guess what frogs have? They have frog feet. So they can hop. AND, they can ribbit, like 'ribbit, ribbit, ribbit.' And they ribbit with their mouths.

Also, Anderson has been able to crawl for a few weeks now and he can say Mama, Dada, and bye-bye. But still no teeth.

1 comment:

Shirley said...

I am glad you are back.. and that was worth the wait.
Too cute.