Monday, May 5, 2008

"They will never take . . . our FREEDOM!"

Sorry it's been a while. I was pretty busy with work and school projects and being sick. This week will be different - I just have work and a school project and a final exam and I'm still a little sick.

I actually got to spend some time with the kids over the weekend, so that was nice. On Friday, we had to drop something off to Carla at work so I walked them all over to the library. We found a vegietales dvd and, after that, they had no interest in picking out a book. Next time I'll have to reverse that order. No dvds until they pick out some books. On our walk back, we saw Carla outside with her whole class so we went over to talk to them. It was kind of funny watching all 28 of her kids converging on me and our 3. It kind of made me feel like William Wallace. Minus the kilt. Plus pants, underwear, and a shirt. After that, we went home to play outside and have a picnic for lunch but it started thundering so we had a picnic on the kitchen floor. It was a picnic of soup so it was pretty messy but funny to watch. Friday night, we took the kids to the Leopard City Deli for supper and the cool zone for dessert. Walker was insistent that we were in the wrong ice cream shop. He kept telling me we had to go to the one by Subway. "You know, over by the bowling alley." I think he got confused because we drove in the back way. I finally had to walk him clear down to Subway and turn him around and show him the ice cream shop. He said, "yeah, that one." I walked him back up there and, to his surprise, Mommy, Ellie, and Anderson were already there.

Saturday, Ellie got to spend the night at Gma and Gpa K's and wear her new "nightgownd". Walker and Carla and I watched the Kentucky Derby which really disappointed Walker. He was expecting it to be long like a nascar race. Fortunately, nascar was on shortly after the derby so he got his fix.

Yesterday, Walker finally went to the 4-5's class for Sunday school. He did fine even though Carla and I were a little nervous about the transition. It's funny seeing him be by far the smallest kid in the class again. Ellie and I went "shopping" at green farms for some BLT ingredients (the L and the T) yesterday afternoon. Any time you ask Ellie to go shopping she gets all excited. It doesn't matter where you actually take her . . . yet. On the way there she was telling me how excited she is this year to go swimming in the pool at "Grampapa's house".

3 comments:

Andy and Stacey, Jackson, Molly and Natalie said...

I'm glad you had the pants, underwear and shirt or else you probably would have been arrested!

Dale and Gail said...

Welcome back. Good thing we actually see you guys in person or I would have had a serios case of grandkid withdrawal!

Bryan said...

Did you use "Fortunately" and "NASCAR" in the same sentence? I think the only appropriate way to do that is:

Fortunately it is not raining today, so I can go clean out my gutters instead of watching NASCAR.