Monday, May 19, 2008

Holy Hairy Hammering Tiger, Batman!

Walker woke up crying in the middle of the night on Saturday. Carla went up and tucked him in and he pulled the covers all the way up over his head.
Carla: What are you doing?
Walker: Hiding from the hammering tiger.
Carla: A hammering tiger?
Walker: Yeah. He's hairy and he keeps hammering me on my shoulder.
Carla: Oh, buddy, you just had a bad dream. There's no tigers, only mommy. And tigers can't hammer anyway.
Walker: Maybe it was a girl . . .
Then back to sleep and long forgotten.

I took the kids to the library again on Friday - it's becoming a Daddy Day tradition (how lucky am I that I get Daddy Days?). We got another veggie tales DVD (Sheerluck Holmes) and, this time, some books. They've probably watched the movie 4 times and, the books . . . well, um, I read one to Anderson. He just kept looking up at me and smiling with his chubby cheeks. He's a pretty smiley baby. Oh yeah, I read one to Walker, too, so 2 for 3. That ain't bad.

Saturday we had Micah and Addie over to play and, to complete the standard baptism joke, we asked them to bring along their parents. Ellie was so excited that Addie was coming over. She couldn't wait to play princess dress-up and show off her vanity and all the other pink stuff she has. Walker had been up late the night before at Grandma and Papa's house watching the Cavs but he did pretty well overall. He and Micah played basketball and trains and race cars upstairs for most of the night. They were actually all good enough that the 4 adults were able to play two full games of euchre with only a couple breaks to check on very noisy play or, even scarier, very quiet play.

Sunday fell into the usual pattern of church, parents', home, other parents', church, back to other parents', and home. Pretty nice weekend overall. By the way, I promise, new pictures coming very soon.

Oh, yeah, one more thing. I remember once writing about eating 4 lbs of grapes in a weekend and thinking it was something pretty special. I just shattered that record. I ate 7 lbs of grapes between Thursday night and Saturday afternoon, then bought 7 more lbs and ate half of those on Sat/Sun. What's wrong with me?

3 comments:

Andy and Stacey, Jackson, Molly and Natalie said...

YOu essentially ate the equivalent of the average of your children's birth weight in grapes. You're disgusting.

Dale and Gail said...

Thanks to Miss Ellie, our trash compacter is now known as the "smash can". Makes perfect sense! Hey, Dale, the smash can needs emptied...works for me!

Lynne said...

I can't believe you ate that many grapes, ok, i like grapes, but not like that. EWE!