Friday, April 11, 2008

Prayers and Paintings

Every night, we ask the kids to think of something they did that day that they want to thank Jesus for and to think of someone they want to pray for. Walker usually picks Grandma Kandel: "Please help Grandma Kandel's back feel better." Ellie always, every time, picks . . . Brad: "Please help Brad get home safe" or "Thank you for Brad coming home." Seems a little strange but it's up to them who to pick, I guess.

Yesterday, while Carla was driving the kids to the babysitters (I think it was a Jen/Krystal divide and conquer effort):
Ellie: Hey, mommy, look at my painting.
Carla: What are you painting?
Ellie: The window.
Carla: Um, what are you painting with?
Ellie: With my mouth and my finger.
Basically, she was slobbering all over her hands then "painting" the window with her fingers. She's got her molars coming in so we have to give her a pass on the slobbering and chewing on her fingers part but, still, gross.

2 comments:

Dale and Gail said...

Wow, Walker, thanks for the prayers. They're working! And, Ellie, I guess we can all understand why we would come in 2nd to Brad.

Anonymous said...

FYI: As we left Krystal's on Thursday, Ellie asked where Brad's car was. I told her that he was at work, which she followed with lots of questions. "Where does he work? Is it far away? When will he be home?" So I think that spurred the prayers for safely arriving home. Nonetheless, she loves going to Brad and Krystal's house. She sometimes calls them Aunt Krystal and Uncle Brad. I love have family/friends that we're so close to. It's a real blessing!

Carla