Sunday, August 9, 2009

The origin of the Tot

Anderson's our first pacifier baby. Every time I see him with it in his mouth, I grab it and say "Give me that!" just to be mean. Well, he must have thought it was called a "that" because he calls it his "tot". That's why you might hear Carla and I asking each other if we have a tot when Anderson gets tired. Hmm, how about some other Anderson words . . . He calls peanut butter "bubbo", he calls shoes "bye-byes", and he'll repeat anything Ellie tells him to say. He's also very polite. He says please, thank you, you're welcome, all the time. Lately when we give him something he's been saying "Thank you I welcome."

The other night Carla told me to hurry up because "it's getting later by the minute."

1 comment:

Dale and Gail said...

Welcome back!

Love it when the kids start talking--you can finally hear what's going on in their heads. The other day when you guys left him home with me he said "Bye-bye DaDa, Mommy, Walka, Eyye (or however you spell Ellie without any Ls)." Then he looked at me with an expression that said "Wow, there sure is a lot of them!"