Tuesday, August 18, 2009

No Power

We had no power this morning - the only morning this week that I had to get up at 5:00 a.m., of course. Kurt packed his clothes and stuff and went to his mom's to shower, iron, have coffee, etc. I packed my stuff and all the kids' stuff, and we headed to my mom's at 6 am. When I went up to get Anderson, it was pitch black. I picked him, he stirred briefly, and laid his head back down. When we were in the kitchen, headed to the door, he lifted his head up, looked at me, and said with a surprised voice, "Oh, hello, mommy!" I'm not sure who he thought I was prior to that, but it was pretty funny to hear the cute expression in his voice.

Walker was super excited about no power. Wouldn't it be nice to be 5 again!

1 comment:

Jen said...

oh it was lovely wasn't it?