Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Carlita se afeita

Carla came out of the bathroom with her face still covered in face wash yesterday. Ellie said, "Mom, why are you shaving?" Yeah, El, she was shaving her cheeks, chin, nose, and forehead.

I was driving Walker to baseball practice yesterday and we had the following conversation.
Walker: Dad, sometimes Spanish talkers say 'Papa'.
Me: Spanish tacos?
Walker: No, Spanish talkers. . . . Maybe I should have said 'humans'.
Me: Spanish humans?
Walker: Or . . . 'people'. Yeah.

Speaking of Spanish humans, Dora taught Anderson how to say "Parada". I'm so glad my family can Hablar Espanol. Thanks, Jack Jefferson!

4 comments:

Kurt and Carla said...

Actually, he says, "para." Get your Spanish Straight!

Dale and Gail said...

So, this excahnge took place today. We're all on the couch together watching 'Georgie' and Walker and I are snuggly. The man in the yellow suit tells George that crickets are attracted to light.

Walker: Grandma, what does attracted to mean?

Me: It means you like something and want to be close to it. I love you and want to be close to you so I'm attracted to you.

Walker, looking up at me adoringly:
And I'm attracted to the computer.

Andy and Stacey, Jackson, Molly and Natalie said...

Who's Jack Jefferson?

Kurt and Carla said...

Andy will know. Or should I say, Andy will saber? Wow, that Jordan Jiminez is a miracle worker!