Monday, February 16, 2009

A few quick notes and a guessing game

Ellie cut her hair but that's old news now. She had it in a pony tail, found some scissors, and cut it. Off. Carla had to take her to the hair dresser to get it fixed up. It's now short and cute but it didn't happen the way we would have liked. Carla kept the pony tail, I guess for a scrap book. I'll bet it's 8 - 10" long.

Walker grabbed one of my harmonicas the other day and started playing around on it. After a while, I heard this beautiful bluesy note come out. I figured it was a fluke but took a shot and said, "Hey, Walker, you just bent a note. That means you can play the blues! Can you do it again?" Well, he could and he did and now he can bend a note at will. Very cool. I'll teach him overblows later and, with any luck, he'll hit the blues circuit big one day and be a multi-thousandaire!

See if you can guess this one. I couldn't.
Ellie came home Saturday after being out with mom and Walker.
Ellie: Dad, I have a secret for you.
Me: Oh, what is it, El?
Ellie: We had candy at the store.
Me: Wow, how did you get that?
Ellie: The lady gave it to us.
Me: Oh, you mean samples? Like you had a little piece?
Ellie: Wayl (or however you spell her little hillbilly-eye-rolling 'well'), we had the hook ones with the big bums.
Your job: Name that Candy.

3 comments:

Andy and Stacey, Jackson, Molly and Natalie said...

I figured it out... but I had an extra clue from Mom.

kay said...

what about another clue?

Shirley said...

I am also waiting for another clue.
You cannot just keep us out here in
limbo.