Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Falling rocks and dripping noses

A week or two ago, as soon as I walked in the door after work . . .
Walker: Daddy, there's some sad news about Utah.
Me: What?
Walker: You know that rock that looks like a fish whale? It fell down and split in half.
(http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/08/10/arch.collapse.ap/index.html)

Ellie's been struggling with allergies or something lately and she's been really stuffy so we haven't been giving her much milk.
Me, after she asked for some: No, milk makes your nose runny.
Ellie: Why does apple juice don't?

And then there's Walker again, who's also had allergies: I don't like Zyrtec. Can you buy the other purple medicine from Walmart?
Carla: No. Dr. Motz said Zyrtec.
Walker: How about that one that sounds like "tin" or "tic"?
Carla: Claritin?
Walker: Yeah. Can you talk to me about Claritin?

And finally, Walker, after watching a commercial on TV: How crazy is this? Something is 7 bucks for kids and 12 bucks for grownups. What's a buck?
Carla: A dollar.
Walker: Oh, so kids are on sale.

Also, I've finally fulfilled my life long dream of batting against a major league pitcher (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/8331). Well, sort of. I batted against him in 1999 in a high school game and he didn't throw in the Majors till this year but I still think that makes me a little famous. I'm sure he's telling all his buddies out in the bullpen about how he once pitched to me . . . and about how he was first team all NBC as a sophomore. By the way, I popped out to the third baseman to end the inning but that still means I'm a better matchup to him than Rich Aurillia. And at least he didn't strike me out, Barry Zito.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

your kinda like a celebrity now, eh?

popping out to 3rd to end the inning? i'm sure he remembers you.

i think you'll have the last laugh seeing that his MLB era is 6.75.

side note: i choose to remember you for that 4th down conversion you caught senior year. not for the pop up to 3rd.