Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Splatter, rinse, repeat.

That's Ellie's potty training in a nutshell. Actually, just for the first couple days. She caught on quick and is doing extremely well, now. She's even gotten out of bed a couple times at night and during naps to go to the bathroom all on her own. She still has the occasional accident but they're getting fewer and farther between, which is definitely better than stronger and closer together. I guess it helps that Carla can be home and set the timer on the microwave for her to try every 15 minutes or so. Problem with that, though, is now every time we warm up lunch we find puddles on the floor. You know . . . Pavlov's dog.

Let's see, what else? I'm posting from MD, just outside of DC - down here for a training thing. It's 4 days long which kind of stinks because it keeps me away from Carla and the kids but at least we have the cell phone and such. It was rough leaving. Walker literally clinged to me and begged me not to go. "I just want you to stay here and play with me." "Mommy doesn't know how to play football right." etc. And now that I'm gone, he's extremely clingy to Carla, which I guess isn't too surprising. I think Walker's clinginess and potty training Ellie alone might be getting to Carla, too. I called her after class this evening and we talked for a while but then we got cut off. I called her right back but got the machine. When we finally reconnected just now, she said that she thought she was talking on her cell phone and she got in the car and drove away, just chatting away on our LAN-line (landline?). Oh, well. Hopefully things will be back to normal soon. On the plus side, the old Grand Cherokee ran like a champ on the way down. I actually got very close to 20 mpg, which is really cool. Now the old girl just has to make it back . . .

Stuff the kids said before I left:

Walker, before our family tee-ball game: Inside our house is the locking room. Where we get dressed to play baseball.

Ellie, after trying to pull the table cloth off to help set the table for dinner: Daddy, can you move the table clock?

Ellie: Walker, you need sunscream.

Walker, at his real tee-ball game, after I told him he should play short stop for an inning: Where's long stop?

Walker, after I had to call him a couple times before he finally came over to me from the other room: You know what I was doing that was taking so long? Walker puts both hands around his neck. Feeling my blood. (He meant checking his pulse).

Walker, during a living room football game against me: Come on guys! Tackle him!
Kurt: Who are you talking to?
Walker: The guys on my team, Extrugal Gabowskasi and Floppy Hair. (can you guess who?)

No comments: