Monday, December 17, 2007

Go Mavers!

Ellie was sick over the weekend so Carla and I were pretty much on cleanup duty the whole time. Friday, basically from sunup to sundown, Ellie laid on "her" couch and watched Dora DVDs. Finally on Saturday morning, she proclaimed herself healed . . . "My tummy's all gone, Daddy." Well, her tummy may have felt better but it hadn't told her small intestine yet so we had to make sure she still ate a very mild diet.

Kurt: Ellie, would you like some noodle soup for lunch?
Ellie: I want cheese.
Kurt: Ellie, I don't think you'd like cheese right now. It'll make your belly hurt.
Ellie: Yes I do like cheese. It feels me good in the afternoon!

When Walker doesn't have anyone to play football with, he just throws the ball in the air and catches it, pretending to play against an imaginary team. He makes up the team names. One day last week it was the Salamis vs. the Mavers. The Salamis won, 3 - 0.

I'm also seriously considering inventing something like this:

4 comments:

Dale and Gail said...

Okay, I give up. I know you would never consider taping a pacifier to my sweet baby's face so what is it...antennae for better reception?

Anonymous said...

It's a strap that holds it on, Mom. Like the elastic thing that holds a birthday hat on your head.

Katie said...

I think it's a fantasitic idea. You could seriously make money off of it - if you could keep the older brothers from snapping the elastic:)

Unknown said...

i used to play football by myself in the backyard... twas my only option seeing that i had three older sisters.

then one chrtistmas day, after getting a new football & uniform under the tree i went out in the back yard to play. i threw the ball up in the air - dove - caught it - cheered as i scored the winning touchdown - then rolled over in the snow - right onto a dead, frozen rabbit.

good times.