Sunday, July 1, 2012

Puke and Polkanuts

What is it about throwing up that makes me want to update the blog?  It hit Friday night.  I was meeting Carla at the softball game she was subbing in but she had to pull over for Ellie on their way.  Ellie did her thing on the side of the road and I switched vehicles with Carla to take them home.  We had planned on staying to make fun of her a little before took them all home but Ellie changed those plans.  So we got about halfway home and I had to pull over for Walker.  Same deal.  When we got home they both felt a little better but that was short-lived.  They each called Ralph at least 8 more times that night, so much that blood vessels broke in Ellie's face.  Walker was in his bed, woke up, called me frantically, and told me more was coming.  I told him to take the the bucket with him to the bathroom in case he didn't make it.  Well, he grabbed the bucket, ran into the bathroom, set the bucket beside the toilet, and puked in the bucket.  After that Walker and Ellie were like clockwork, every 20 minutes.  They each would run to a bathroom and I just directed traffic, like "NO NO, you're brother's in that one!  Go to the other one!  Hurry!"  Caroline woke up sometime around 10:00 and told me her belly hurt.  I knew what was coming so I took her downstairs and put another bucket beside her.  She tried to use it but was unproductive, "Dad, my frow up won't work."  Well, eventually it worked, but only once, and she hit the bucket like a pro.  Carla had finally gotten home from her softball double-header that had been delayed by a storm for an hour (!) by then, so she took over and I went to bed.  She said things finally settled down by about 2 am.  Saturday, everyone was perfectly fine all day and we thought maybe Anderson and the parents had gotten lucky.  Well, Carla felt lousy for an hour but she was probably more tired than anything else.  After church today we took the little 2 out to lunch and shopping while the big 2 were at gma and gpa's.  After being perfectly fine at church and lunch, Anderson finally started feeling sick at the store.  I took him out to the van and he laid in there until Carla and Caroline came out.  We were on the road for about 90 seconds when I had to pull over for Anderson.  Fortunately, it looks like he had the one-and-done flu like Gracie instead of the twelve times in six hours flu like the other 2.

OK, enough of that, here's some things they've been saying lately.

Caroline, running through the kitchen, stops and laughs:  Haha, I was run-tooting.

Anderson, arguing with me when I told him we were turning Amish so he couldn't watch TV or play WII:  No!  We love God and Jesus!  We're not Amish!

Ellie, just being her inquisitive self:  Mom, why aren't spaghetti noodle tank tops OK to wear to school?

Caroline, showing me something that had dots on it, I forget what:  See, dad?  The one with the Polkanuts on it.

Caroline recently informed us that she doesn't like "Ice Kwispies".

Also we went on two vacations.  Also Steph had three babies.

No comments: