Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Doctors

Ellie Kandel, M.D.

Ander (at breakfast): Ohhhhhh, I have a scav on my toe.

Dr. Ellie: That's okay. Scabs are good.

Ander: Nooooo. Scavs are really bad. They hurt you.

Dr. Ellie: No, Anderson. Scabs are good. They give you nice new, new, new skin, so you won't have to have a scab for your whole life! They won't even hurt you. So scabs are good. Boo-boos are bad, but scabs are good.

Ander: I DON'T WANT SCAVS!

Dr. Ellie: Sometimes you just have scabs. That's just the way it is.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anderson Kandel, M.D.

On the way to the store Ellie and I were talking about bracelets when Anderson piped up that he wanted a bracelet, too. He and Ellie argued a bit about boys not being allowed to wear bracelets. Of course Ellie was adamant that boys wearing bracelets was not even possible. Anderson was exasperated, so he came up with his own solution as follows.

Dr. Anderson: Ellie, when boys change into girls then they can wear bracelets.

Ellie and I giggled the whole way home! Needless to say, I think I will choose Ellie as my doctor for now.

No comments: