Sunday, March 28, 2010

Caroline's Bathtism

Ellie, yesterday morning: Is Caroline getting bathtized today?
Me: No, that's tomorrow, and you mean baptized, not "bathtized".
Ellie: Well, they use water.
Me: Well, yeah, that's true, they do . . .
Ellie, rolling her eyes like I'm an idiot: Baptized.

Then, at the baptism, we took all the kids up to the front of the church. W and E were standing, Carla had Caroline and I was holding Anderson, who was knuckle deep in his nose. When I attempted to discretely pull his hand down, he protested rather loudly, "I'm trying to get my boogies out!" I had to make a quick decision - release the hand or let him repeat himself even louder. Pick away, son. Pick away.

And this one really worries me: Anderson came out of the bathroom wearing one of Ellie's headbands and said, "Look! I'm wearing Ellie's Bandaid. I'm a princess now!"

2 comments:

Robin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Robin said...

never noticed anderson, if it makes you feel any better! and congrats on caroline, she was adorable!!