Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Wanted: Early 2000's Honda Odyssey

I haven't been posting much lately because I'm using my lunches to research minivans. No luck so far. Let me know if you see an Odyssey around . . .

Carla helping Walker say his prayers: Don't forget to ask Jesus to bring Daddy home safe.
Walker: And please bring Daddy home safe. Amen. . . . Or, maybe he'll just die.
Carla: Walker! Don't say that! Don't you know that that means you'll never see Daddy again?
Walker: Yeah.
Carla: Then don't say that!
Walker, with a dismissive shrug: OK.

Walker praying before bed: And thank you Jesus for making everything. Amen. Well, not everything. Jesus didn't make Kleenexes or boxes, or cars, or beds . . . That would be a really hard job, making Kleenexes - A bunch of guys stuffing cut up paper in a box.

Ellie, showing off her 2-piece swim suit: I'm wearing my Zucchini!

There's a Backyardigan named Pablo. Ellie calls him "Plabo." There's also a Backyardigan named Uniqua. Ellie calls her "Yooneekwa", which is the correct pronunciation, I just think it's a weird name.

Anderson calls Kyle "Kiyoo" (I think) and he calls Keely "Key". Last night we met at their house for dinner and when I walked in Anderson yelled, "Daddy, Key, Kiyoo!" I thought he wanted to show Kyle my keys. Then he walked around and smacked Murphy a lot. Ellie, Walker, and I went fishing for about 30 minutes with zero bites. Usually that's not a big deal but it was pretty rough on them, being kids. It might as well have been 3 hours. Oh, after they were done I fished for 3 hours.

Anderson also calls Andrea "Deedeebobby" or "Bobbydeedee", whatever he feels like at the time.

No comments: